Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default What could go wrong? Incrementing numbers on pages

Could it be that I didn't phrase my question right? These numbers weren't
really page numbers at all; they were numbers the author wanted placed on
each page in sequence starting with that very high number for a totally
different reason. It's just that I didn't know any other way to get numbers
to increment from page to page, so I just used a page field. Thus, my "what
could go wrong?" question.

How should I have handled the situation? As usual, it was a "rush" document
and there wasn't much time to think. You know the drill: everything's a rush
in some offices! Given more time, I might have been able to research the
answer.

"Island Girl" wrote:

Someone wanted each page of a document to have numbers incrementing from
106367. I'm sure there's a better way, but what I did was put it in the
place of page numbers as ={PAGE} + 106366. It worked, but now I'm wondering
what could go wrong, and what the real method of doing that would have been.
There still might be time to change it.

Thanks again and again!