Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default footnotes skip numbering

If your document contains tracked changes, and if there are footnotes in
the changed text, then the footnote numbers won't be right until you
accept all tracked changes in the document. Changing to Final view
hides the tracked changes, but does not remove them. You need click on
the "Accept All Tracked Changes" and "Delete All Comments" commands on
the Reviewing toolbar. See
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...983881033.aspx and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html
for more information.

KathyD wrote:

why do my footnotes suddenly skip numbering? I've checked for hidden text,
section breaks etc and can't find anything that would tell me why it suddenly
skips from 4 to 12 and carries on with the new sequence. Help (pretty please)