Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
erika31 erika31 is offline

Default Word start up box Will not respond

Amazing! that totally worked! I can finally write my paper! Thank you so much!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You can reinstall until the cows come home but it won't affect this issue,
as it is not the installation that is the problem.
If you are running Norton AV, turn off its office plug-in, then see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

erika31 wrote:
Any time i try to open word directly from the program or try to open
a word file, the box that comes up in the begining stops responding
and the hour glass comes up. The program never opens and the box will
not go away unless i restart the computer. I have uninstalled Word
and reinstalled from 2 different CD's and it still wont work.
I need to write a paper for school, and this is a Huge problem!
PLEASE HELP!!