Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?cGF0bGg=?=,

I got a new computer at work with Windows 2003 installed. I just went to edit
a main document created in Word 2000 and the main document shows up as
text -- I cannot see the fields etc., just a page-by-page version of the
document
as it looks when already-merged. It is the design of the main document that
I want to edit and I cannot find a way to view the merge codes.

Are you 100% certain that this is a main merge document, and not a merged
result? If you press Alt+F9 do any { Mergefield } field codes show up?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)