Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Manage Styles window query

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote in message
I was wrong about "(no style)" defaulting to the hard wired defaults in
previous versions. It will initially use the defaults you set in the
Normal
style but the difference in Word 2007 is if you change your Document
Defaults those changes will be reflected in those styles based on "(no
style)".

When you think about it, it is much better like that.
If I wanted a style based on "no style" to be in fact based on "Normal",
then I would set it based on "Normal"...

That's my thought as well. :-)

The difference between using "no style" and Normal as the based on style is
subtle but there is a difference and that doesn't include the bugs that can
be encountered when you modify your Normal style.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs