For a start, see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/DocInUse.htm or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm. You might also like to
read €śDescription of how Word creates temporary files€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211632

"Kevin" wrote in message
news
Two questions he For some reason, my Word 2000 (running ME) has started
created all these temp files with names like WRL0044.tmp in the folder

where
I save most of my regualr word documents. THere are a hundred or so of

these
and it wont let me trash them. How can I stip this and why is it

happening?

The other question is even stranger: Every once in awhile when I X out of

Word file, I get a winword crash message and then when I restart WORD and

try
to open the file that I was closing at the time, it says it has been

"locked
for editing by CBorzillo. Would you like to open as read-only?" Now, the
weird part is, CBorzillo is my old boss, but this is a home computer and

she
has never worked on it in anyway, nor was it attached to the network for

my
job in anyway. Help!