Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Get normal.dot warning when close WordXP

These are the "owner files" for PALMAPP.DOT, an add-in added by your Palm
Pilot, and PDFMaker.dot, which is added by Adobe Acrobat. If these add-ins
are still present, the temp files should be deleted when you quit Word, but
if you have deleted the add-ins themselves, you may need to delete the temp
files manually.

"George" wrote in message
Thanks,
Ok, I'm getting started here, a step at a time...

First thing noticed when did run winword.exe /a was something like...
"MS Word has recovered the following file"
normal.dot
(I cancelled out of this)

Then went to
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP ... and it only has two
things that look like temp files
~$ALMAPP.DOT
~$FMaker.dot

Am I on the right track so far? Anything look odd so far?
Thanks a million, will keep chipping away at it

George