Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ctc ctc is offline

Default Can't Get Rid of a Blank Page at End of Document

Thank you. Yes, I looked at the table properties to try to figure out what
to change to allow the paragraph mark to fit on the same page, but I still
don't know how to do it. Could you please suggest where I can find
information on how to do this?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no way to actually get rid of the blank page, but formatting the
paragraph as Hidden (and if you have to do that, there's no point in
formatting it as 1 point) prevents it from printing. OTOH, if formatting the
paragraph mark to 1 point were enough to allow it to fit on the previous
page, then you really would remove the blank page. Where this can cause
problems, obviously, is if you're using Page X of Y page numbering or are
printing a booklet. In such cases, you would need to make some change in the
table at the end to allow the 1-pt following paragraph to fit on the same
page.

"ctc" wrote in message
I followed the steps in your article on how to delete a blank page in Word
where there is a table at the end of the document. I formatted the

paragraph
mark font to 1 pt. and hid it using format font hidden. When I hid the
nonprinting characters in deed the cursor will no longer go to the blank
page, but the bank blank page remains.

Please advise.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BlankPage.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mark T." wrote in message
I've created a two page document that contains a simpl two column

table
and a
header. The header shows on a third page that contains no text, spaces

or
other content and I can't seem to delete this page. I did "Show/Hide"

see
if I had any inadvertant page breaks or other hidden marks that would
cause
this but I do not see anything. Can someone suggest what I should try

delete this unwanted third page.

Thanks,
-Mark