Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Three almost identical manuals

Hi Jose

Jose Valdes wrote:
In my new approach, I plan to create the following character styles:
ManualA, ManualB, and ManualC. If I need to print A, I'll add the Hidden
attribute to the B and C character styles. Of course the same goes for
printing B or C.

OK, if that works for you, it's probably the easiest approach.

Robert, I'm not sure if I understood the issue you described with style
based numbering. Thanks for the warning anyway. Now, I'll avoid hiding any
auto-numbering. For example, if I need to have three different versions of
the same table, these three tables will share the same caption, which
includes the table number.

Ah, I think you did understand.

The real problem you would get is if you had a (numbered) heading, and
this would have to be hidden for some versions and not for others. If
everything that is numbered is present in all versions, you are fine.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS