Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Twayne[_2_] Twayne[_2_] is offline

Default Dates in templates

In news john9210 typed:
I want to change my normal template so the header displays the new
document creation date without updating. That is, when I create a new
document, the date should be the date the document is created, but
does not get updated every time I open the document. When I use the
createdate field, the date displayed is the date the template was
created, not the new document!

See Suzanne's comments re making a new template; she has a valid point.

In the documents created from the template: You could use createdate, then
do a Cut/Paste Special to put the date back as unformatted text. It won't
change that way.

AFAIK there is no way to do what you want to do in the template. A macro
could do it, but I don't know how to write such a thing.

HTH,

Twayne

Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.