Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Dates in templates

Yes, and though I was ashamed to say so, I think my recollection may have
been based on use of (certain) documents as the basis for new ones (for
example, there's a particular invoice statement that is easier to create
this way because the wording is slightly different from that in my invoice
template).

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
That can certainly still happen in Word 2007 if the "template" is actually
a .docx, rather than a .dotx. While I am reasonably sure /you/ would
always work from a proper template, others might not. The thing is that
when you choose Office button-New, the items listed under "Recently used
templates" may be .docx files as well as .dotx files, and may not list
extensions depending on other settings. If you select a .docx rather than
a .dotx and click Create, the existing value of a CREATEDATE field is not
updated until you perfomr one of the actions that you would expect to
update it (select, then F9 etc.).

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 08/02/2010 14:36, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I see now that you are right, but I could have sworn that I had some
templates that create documents on which the date is not correct until I
print. A brief trial doesn't turn up any of these templates, however, so
I stand corrected.