Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Cross-Reference

Hi joe,

In Word, if you want to cross-reference something that isn't one of Word's inbuilt reference types, simply bookmark whatever you
want to cross-referfence (via Insert|Bookmark) beforehand.

--
Cheers
macropod

"joe925c" wrote in message news
Another conversion WP to Word situation. It appears to cross reference, in
Word , the target must be a "Header" style. When I look at the Styles
provided in Word there are two not named "Header" and some more "Header 1,
Header 2....." When I look at the Header x versus non-Header content, I do
not see any indication it is a Header style. I cannot cross-ref the
non-Header styles for sure. In WP I could mark the target anyplace in the
document (e.g., any character position). Then the name of that target could
be cross referenced by name (e.g., see page 4-12). There was no restriction
that it had to be a Header. How do I denote a style as a header so I can
cross-reference the location?