Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default why do we use print preview modes?

Which version of Word are you using? Using Windows versions only (Word 97,
2000, 2003, and now 2007), I have certainly never seen nonprinting marks in
Print Preview. (Well, one exception might be the shading applied to form
fields.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
They look exactly the same, pilcrows, centered dots for spaces, greyed
fields,
and all -- except that there are no green squiggles in the print preview,
but
they can turned off in print layout.

Pam

Stefan Blom wrote:
If you display nonprinting marks the difference between Print Layout view
and Print Preview will be apparent.

Actually, that's a very good question. Print layout view in Word pretty
accurately shows me how a page will appear once printed, so about the

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]

i can't find the answer here.