Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nuticanuk nuticanuk is offline

Default search preview pane

Previously (in an older version of word) I was able to preview a document
once I had enabled a search using a keyword. I have Word 2000 now and am
unable to see a preview pane to preview the document(s) I may be interested
in opening. I am forced to clik on a document, wait for word to initialize,
open the page only to find out it's not the one I was looking for, close it
and try again and again. With the preview pane, it could see the document
without 'opening' it in a new window. Does anyone have a solution for me?
please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If I understand your question it isn't a matter of which version of Word,
it's a matter of which version of Windows. In the Open dialog you should
find a Views button right next to the button labeled Tools on the small
toolbar at the top of the dialog. Click it & select Preview. [This is
assuming Windows XP - but other versions of Windows have a similar feature.]
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"nuticanuk" wrote in message
Previously (in an older version of word) I was able to preview a document
once I had enabled a search using a keyword. I have Word 2000 now and am
unable to see a preview pane to preview the document(s) I may be
interested
in opening. I am forced to clik on a document, wait for word to
initialize,
open the page only to find out it's not the one I was looking for, close
it
and try again and again. With the preview pane, it could see the document
without 'opening' it in a new window. Does anyone have a solution for me?
please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nuticanuk nuticanuk is offline

'View' is available....but 'select preview' is not an option. (yes XP)
any other suggestions?

ty btw

"nuticanuk" wrote in message
Previously (in an older version of word) I was able to preview a document
once I had enabled a search using a keyword. I have Word 2000 now and am
unable to see a preview pane to preview the document(s) I may be
interested
in opening. I am forced to clik on a document, wait for word to
initialize,
open the page only to find out it's not the one I was looking for, close
it
and try again and again. With the preview pane, it could see the document
without 'opening' it in a new window. Does anyone have a solution for me?
please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Click the arrowhead on the right edge of the Views button & choose Preview
from the list of view modes that opens up. Keep in mind that an item must be
selected in the Content pane in order for a preview to be displayed & that
not *all* files provide a preview.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones