Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tflapp tflapp is offline

Default can't receive answers you post!

i asked a question before about how to hide backup files. someone posted a
reply but when i went to open it, i got a blank page (and it said "done").
another blank pagea when i clicked on trying to reask my question. what
gives???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Hope you see this one...

You won't see them in Word's File Open and Save dialogs if you have the file
type set to All Word Documents rather than All Files. I don't think you can
hide them in Windows Explorer (except perhaps by hiding Hidden and System
files, though I think that affects just the temp files).

"tflapp" wrote:

i asked a question before about how to hide backup files. someone posted a
reply but when i went to open it, i got a blank page (and it said "done").
another blank pagea when i clicked on trying to reask my question. what
gives???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Suzanne - did you change your name to Dean H?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"tflapp" wrote:

i asked a question before about how to hide backup files. someone posted
reply but when i went to open it, i got a blank page (and it said
"done").
another blank pagea when i clicked on trying to reask my question. what
gives???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Sorry, this is DeanH, I forgot to top'n'tail the copy of Suzanne's message
with the explanation so hopefully the OP will see this message this time.
Apologies for any offence caused.
DeanH

"tflapp" wrote:

i asked a question before about how to hide backup files. someone posted
reply but when i went to open it, i got a blank page (and it said
"done").
another blank pagea when i clicked on trying to reask my question. what
gives???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I thought maybe Suzanne had logged in on someone else's computer. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"tflapp" wrote:

i asked a question before about how to hide backup files. someone
posted
reply but when i went to open it, i got a blank page (and it said
"done").
another blank pagea when i clicked on trying to reask my question.
what
gives???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

If only that were the case! :-)
Considering how much I have gleaned from Ms Barnhill's gems over the years,
just imagine what can be learnt from a personal appearance!
Alas, being "across the pond", the chances are as likely as everyone knowing
what the Pilcrow represents! g
All the best
DeanH
ps. Also thanks for your 'modest' contribution as well.

"tflapp" wrote:

i asked a question before about how to hide backup files. someone
posted
reply but when i went to open it, i got a blank page (and it said
"done").
another blank pagea when i clicked on trying to reask my question.
what
gives???

Word Counts with different answers Gareth Edwards Microsoft Word Help 2 January 31st 06 03:15 PM
REGARDING ANSWERS Khawar Ahmad Microsoft Word Help 1 July 8th 05 05:11 PM
Answers Dodger Jim Page Layout 2 June 8th 05 08:52 PM
How do I keep questions and answers together on the same page peggelee Page Layout 2 April 8th 05 03:51 PM
I want to print staped post office post cards butlerdh Microsoft Word Help 1 January 28th 05 02:12 AM