Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ducksrusmrducks ducksrusmrducks is offline

Default book label?

Need "This Book Belongs To" book label template.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Oct 24, 12:08*pm, ducksrusmrducks
wrote:
Need "This Book Belongs To" book label template.

There's no standard design for bookplates. Books on typography often
use bookplates to show the imagination of designers!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

wrote:
Need "This Book Belongs To" book label template.

There's no standard design for bookplates. Books on typography often
use bookplates to show the imagination of designers!

Mr. Daniels,

Who said anything about bookplates or books on typograhpy? The OP
asked for a label template that happened to have the text "This Book
Belongs To"

Again, if you don't know the answer (you rarely ever do) then it is OK
to leave the question for those who do. In this case Mr. Graham
Mayor.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't think it's unreasonable to interpret a label that says "This Book
Belongs To" as being a bookplate. Yes, it's possible that the OP meant to
put the label on the outside of the book, but the inside is what I also
assumed, and that would be a bookplate. There is in fact a bookplate
template at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101467571033.
There are also bookplates for schoolbooks at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...T101467571033;
I'm guessing that these are intended for use in a single teacher's classroom
library.

There's one that actually says "THIS BOOK BELONGS TO" (with a flower design)
at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...T101467571033;
the same design in B&W is at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101467571033

I found these by googling for "bookplate template," which also turns up many
more such, including one from Avery. A Google Images search is even more
productive.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:
Need "This Book Belongs To" book label template.

There's no standard design for bookplates. Books on typography often
use bookplates to show the imagination of designers!

Mr. Daniels,

Who said anything about bookplates or books on typograhpy? The OP
asked for a label template that happened to have the text "This Book
Belongs To"

Again, if you don't know the answer (you rarely ever do) then it is OK
to leave the question for those who do. In this case Mr. Graham
Mayor.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Ms. Barnhill,

Who said anyting was unreasonable? Call it whatever you like As is often
the case Mr. Daniels was wrong. The OP posted looking for a template and
not Mr. Daniels' erroneous statement that one doesn't exist or for what
books on typograhpy may have to say about them. He didn't know the answer.
Since he didn't and you did, the perhhaps he should have left the question
for you.

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Subcommander mini-max is making up lies and fantasies about me again.

I never said such a template doesn't exist.

I implied that there would be no point in such a template, because
bookplates are one-off things.

I'm not responsible for the fact that subcommander mini-max doesn't
know what a bookplate is or is for (and that ducksrusmrducks may not
know the usual name for what he's looking for, but it was fully
identifiable from his description "This Book Belongs To book label".
Moreover, since in my response I supplied the usual name for what he
was looking for, if he still wanted such a template he would be able
to search for it and, as Suzanne found, find some.)

The world would be a much better place if subcommander mini-max would
simply never again look at any posting from me (and would stop sending
me emails).

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...033.aspx?Categ.....

wrote:
Need "This Book Belongs To" book label template.

There's no standard design for bookplates. Books on typography often
use bookplates to show the imagination of designers!

Mr. Daniels,

Who said anything about bookplates or books on typograhpy? *The OP
asked for a label template that happened to have the text "This Book
Belongs To"

Again, if you don't know the answer (you rarely ever do) then it is OK
to leave the question for those who do. *In this case Mr. Graham
Mayor.

--
Greg Maxey

See my web sitehttp://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

ducksrusmrducks wrote:
Need "This Book Belongs To" book label template.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't think that will help, because bookplates don't change from
book to book.

On Oct 25, 1:59*am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
Seehttp://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_labels_with_word_xp.htmorhttp://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Need "This Book Belongs To" book label template.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That would rather depend on whether the books all belong to the same person,
or whether the labels are for multiple copies of a book for a variety of
people (members of a school class?)

The question said that the labels were for "This Book Belongs To" and not
"This Book Belongs To ducksrusmrducks"

Either way labels - merged or otherwise - will work.

ducksrusmrducks wrote:
Need "This Book Belongs To" book label template.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote:
Need "This Book Belongs To" book label template.

ducksrusmrducks,

You have probably deduced from the replies to your question that Peter
T. Daniels is a troll who lurks here with self proclaimed, mystical
powers of comprehension. He is a very sensitive reader and he is
renowned, in his own mind, for his ability to read for content rather
than context. He frequently claims to know what people really mean.
He also claims the uncanny ability to intuit what is actually going on
from what is unsaid.

You made a pretty straightforward request: Need "This Book Belongs
To" book label template.

I’ll leave it for you to decide the merit of Mr. Daniels’ reply and
his later admission that he was implying that the template you sought
was pointless. I am curious. Did you really want such a template or
did you just want Mr. Daniels’ to dodge the request, give you a proper
name, and share some meaningless trivia on how bookplates are used in
books on typography?

Moving past the bluster from under the bridge, I hope that you found
the information provided by Mr. Mayor and Ms. Barnhill useful. This
newsgroup was a much better place before Mr. Daniels crawled from the
slime and arrived on scene.

Good luck.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can see from this message how vindictive and stupid subcommander
mini-max really is.

He somehow thinks that I said anything about bookplates being used in
books on typography.

He fails to understand that what is needed for your request is not a
template sort of tool, but a labels sort of tool -- as Graham has
suggested.

He fails to understand that everyone's bookplate is an individual
creation, which reflects your own needs and taste, and not someone
else's.

Perhaps subcommander mini-max's thirty years in the Navy drummed all
imagination and creativity out of him and left him with nothing but an
ache for the power he no longer has, to regulate the lives of the
dozens of men at his mercy.

wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Mr. Daniels,

I think it is you with the lock on stupid. Do you try to be stupid or does
it come naturally?

Do you just babble here without any idea what you actually post?

He somehow thinks that I said anything about bookplates being used in
books on typography.

Yes he does. If you didn't post this then someone is posting using your
name:

"There's no standard design for bookplates. Books on typography often use
bookplates to show the imagination of designers!"

You are arguing in circles again. First you challenge Graham Mayor's
suggestion and now you champion it. If you weren't such a dilattante you
might realize that a Word template is still a template regardless if is used
as a tool for creating letters, creating labels, or creating bookplates.
Continue in your arguments as you wish. You are simply over your head and
out of your range.