Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Riverboat Riverboat is offline

Default AutoText for Network Use

Hi I am trying to add Text for standard paragraphs. Approximately 20 of my
colleagues need to be able to access them to insert into documents so that
they don't have to keep typing the information - Firstly is this possible,
secondly would an AutoText entry work or do I need to use Macros?

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

AutoText is what you're looking for; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm. Entries are stored in
templates, and you can distribute the template; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...buteMacros.htm

"Riverboat" wrote in message
Hi I am trying to add Text for standard paragraphs. Approximately 20 of my
colleagues need to be able to access them to insert into documents so that
they don't have to keep typing the information - Firstly is this possible,
secondly would an AutoText entry work or do I need to use Macros?

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Riverboat Riverboat is offline

Thanks Suzanne - how do I then get them on all machines do I have to actually
physically take a copy (not sure how to do this anyway) and onto each machine.

"Riverboat" wrote in message
Hi I am trying to add Text for standard paragraphs. Approximately 20 of my
colleagues need to be able to access them to insert into documents so that
they don't have to keep typing the information - Firstly is this possible,
secondly would an AutoText entry work or do I need to use Macros?

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The article at http://word.mvps.org:80/FAQs/MacrosV...buteMacros.htm
provides some suggestions. You could email the template to users with
instructions on how to add it to their Startup folder.

"Riverboat" wrote in message
Hi I am trying to add Text for standard paragraphs. Approximately 20 of
my
colleagues need to be able to access them to insert into documents so
that
they don't have to keep typing the information - Firstly is this
possible,
secondly would an AutoText entry work or do I need to use Macros?

Many thanks.

Sharing Autotext entries with multiple staff on same network Word S trainer Microsoft Word Help 2 February 1st 07 06:59 PM
Network JERRY Microsoft Word Help 1 August 14th 06 11:20 PM
Autotext across a network Son027 Microsoft Word Help 4 September 6th 05 08:30 PM
AutoText, how do I add the SaveDate function to the AutoText list. PKDance Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 05 05:03 AM
Autotext entries all network users can access netbibby Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 06:02 AM