Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sfinkboner sfinkboner is offline

Default One datasource - Multiple documents

I have a merge that is one datasource, but has multiple types of letters that
need to be printed. Each letter is represented by an individual code (EX:
AA) Everytime my datasource includes letter_code AA, I want the text from
letter AA to print. I have about 50 different letter codes. Merge may not
be the best way to do this, and I'm open to suggestions on how to handle
this. I currently have the main letter set up as {IF {MERGEFIELD
LETTER_CODE} = "AA" "{INCLUDETEXT AA.DOC}" ""}.

Is there a better/easier way to do this?

I've also just upgraded from an old version of office (I believe it was
Office 2000) to Office 2003 and have to redo the main merge letter, so I'm
wondering if there is a better way to do this.