Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Microsoft Newsserver Microsoft Newsserver is offline

Default Changing Merge Field Names

I need to change the merge fields in a number of documents. For example one
of the old merge fields is:

«Contactsdear»

The new merge field is:

«dear»

(i.e. I've just deleted "Contacts" from the merge field name). I've tried
using find/replace to do this but it doesn't appear to work on merge fields
as they keep reverting back to the original format.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or if this is indeed possible?

Many thanks,
Andrew