Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kelley S Kelley S is offline

Default Portrait Page Numbers on Landscape Pages

For Word 2007, I'm encountering a problem inserting portrait page numbers on
landscape pages. I break the link to previous and insert a text box. I have
inserted the page number and have changed the text position to be vertical.
However, I cannot get the position of the textbox to be exact (.75" from the
left page edge, centered between the top & bottom margin).

I've used the Format Textbox option, Layout/advanced option, picture
position. I've tried all the obvious options to get it right (i.e.
horizontal/absolute position=.75" to the right of page and vertical/alignment
centered relative to margin, and many other combinations for horizontal and
vertical alignment). However, none seem to work and the page numbers won't
align with the surrounding portrait pages.

Does anyone have any suggestions?