Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thomas M. Thomas M. is offline

Default Merging Documents

Word 2003

I've done this in the past, but I just can quite remember how and the
on-line Word Help has been useless (I keep going in circles, and while the
on-line Help hints at WHAT needs to be done, but I haven't found where is
tells you HOW.).

I need to add fields to one document that will pull in data from another
document. I've set up a Word file as the source document, and that file
contains a simple tab with 3 rows--the header row and two rows of data. In
the future there will be more rows. The part that is eluding me at the
moment is how to link the source data document to the main document. Once
the two documents are linked I will also need to insert fields into the main
document and I'm not sure of the exact syntax that is required. Finally, if
at all possible I would like to have an extra blank line inserted, but only
when there is corresponding data in the source document.

In summary, I need help with 3 things:

1. How do I like the source data document to the main document?
2. What syntax do I need for the merge fields in the main document?
3. How can I make it so that a blank line gets inserted, but only when other
data gets inserted too? Is there a way to make a hard return part of the
record that gets inserted?

--Tom

Merging documents oe New Users 1 September 21st 07 01:52 PM
Merging documents et New Users 1 April 15th 06 07:40 PM
merging many documents dew New Users 3 January 23rd 06 08:01 PM
Merging Documents Shannon Mailmerge 3 August 3rd 05 04:17 PM
Merging into New Documents Erika Mailmerge 2 December 30th 04 08:48 PM