Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
faerie_bel faerie_bel is offline

Default Q re numbering using Styles and Formatting

I don't think this is possible but I'm going to ask anyway!

I have Word 2003 and I'm formatting an exam document with specific numbering
requirements. I would like to be able to set up a Numbering Style/heirarchy
to look like this:

1 (a) How many sides in a rectangle?
(b) How many sides in a triangle?
(i) What is the name of a triangle with bla?
(ii) Why is the bla bla?
(c) How many bla bla?

Is this possible? I have looked at Word and it looks almost possible with
Outline Numbering but it seems like I would need to place "(a)" on the next
line below "1" (I am not permitted to set out the document this way).

I am currently forced to set tabs for much of this document and this is
unsatisfactory as I'm expecting many more similar documents to format!

I hope someone can help prevent some extra work for me... :-) Thanks