Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MaryL MaryL is offline

Default Need help placing photos in newsletter

I'm still trying to work my way through Word (long-time WordPerfect user but
new to Word) and set up our church newsletter. I keep running into problems
because of the unique characteristics of what I am trying to do. I scanned
a pen-and-ink drawing of the church for the top and created 3 columns for
the basic newsletter. I used a page break and continuous section break to
place a full-size table on the following page.

Can you help with the following?
(1) I would like to be able to place a photo *below* the columns but have it
extend across the columns. In fact, I would like to be able to re-size it
without distorting the photo ("maintain proportions" would be the
WordPerfect term). I can't find any way to do this. I have tried placing
it in a text box, but I can't seem to change the text box itself. Only the
photo changes, and the proportions are distorted since I did not find a
function to "change size." I also experimented with pasting a photo and
then using borders. Same problem! To complicate matters, I would also like
to include text under the photo but within the box or borders. Can someone
help me do this?

(2) After entering a page break or continuous break, how can I move the
cursor to the *right* side of the break and continue from that point?

I am using Office 2007 and Vista Home Premium. Incidentally, I bought two
Office manuals but they have not been of much help -- too little space is
devoted to Word. So, I ordered a Word manual from amazon.com and hope that
will help.

Thanks,
MaryL

Removing hard returns when placing photos in a word doc. BK Microsoft Word Help 1 February 14th 08 07:37 AM
Placing table around text Paul Microsoft Word Help 2 October 20th 07 10:51 PM
Placing a macro in autocorrect AuntB Microsoft Word Help 8 July 28th 06 05:18 PM
Placing picture in doc Cary New Users 1 May 6th 06 04:08 PM
how do I change a word newsletter into an email newsletter Lorna Microsoft Word Help 1 April 1st 06 07:15 AM