Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ricardo ricardo is offline

Default Mail Merge for Binder Covers - Only want so many pages

Hi,

Currently have a mail merge set up to allow me to create folder and spine
covers. (Pieces of paper you slip into the front and side of a binder).
Basically, I select which set of information I want by using the next record
function and then print off a set of pages which I have already preformatted
with the basic words I want, for example.

[Folder Title]

[Date]

Folio 1

The ones with [] are the merge fields. The problem is, that I only have a
set number of pages made up with the merge fields in, and if I required say 4
covers instead of 3 I would have to make up a brand new page and insert the
merge fields.

My question is, is it possible for Word and/or mail merge to generate a
number of pages of a certain template (the folio cover) with the merge fields
already filled in from my information. So, if I was to say need 4 covers and
4 spines for the folders, I could tell it that I wanted 4 and it would
generate from 1 template/page I had already set up, and use my merge
information at the same time?

Or am I thinking of another program?

Regards,

Ricardo

mail merge +pages slatrat Mailmerge 1 August 11th 06 05:53 PM
3 ring binder pages strayone Page Layout 1 August 8th 06 04:52 PM
4 pages on 1 8.5 x 11 page. Used in six hold binder. Poco for booklets Page Layout 1 July 15th 06 11:34 AM
collate pages in mail merge vs mail merge being single document Dan Schwab Mailmerge 2 September 14th 05 09:35 PM
Mail Merge Pages lepricon Mailmerge 1 December 1st 04 10:20 PM