Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Robert

Default VB6 and Word question

Hi,

I need some hints for the following problem.

I have a VB 6 application that needs to write data (text and image) to a
Ms-Word document (template)

So I created a Ms-Word document with some bookmarks. The VB App is able to
write the data to the Ms-Word document and save it with a new doc-name.
But.this works only for one page. How to deal with a multiple page document.

So the user of my application can create his/her own Word document
(template) and can choose every lay-out they wish as long as they insert the
obligatory fields.
My application uses this Word document (template), fills in the fields and
saves it with a new documentname.
But beforehand it's unknown how much pages the application needs. The
Microsoft Word document (template) contains only one page with the
obligatory fields.
So if the fields are filled, how to create the next page with the same
lay-out, .... read obligatory fields.

Is mail merge an option, and if so how to create such a Ms-Word document.

I hope you understand what i intend. My excuses but English is not my native
language.

Robert