Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
chickenfeet

Default I have wordpad but I need WORD How do I get it?

I have wordpad but I need WORD How do I get it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

You can buy it as a standalone application, or part of Works Suite or MS
Office.. if these options are beyond available funds, consider downloading
Open Office..

http://www.openoffice.org/

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"chickenfeet" wrote in message
I have wordpad but I need WORD How do I get it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey

You buy it. If you need more details, post back.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

chickenfeet wrote:
I have wordpad but I need WORD How do I get it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Uncle Joe

Buy a retail copy of Microsoft Works Suite 2006 for about $99. It includes six nice apps--one being MS Word
2002. This is the cheapest way to get a legitimate version of MS Word. From then on, you can buy Word upgrades
like the rest of us. Don't fall for the discounted crap they're selling on eBay.
Go to a reputable store and buy the box. You won't regret it.

"chickenfeet" wrote in message
I have wordpad but I need WORD How do I get it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
chickenfeet

Mike,
On Openoffice.org Where is it?!?

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

You can buy it as a standalone application, or part of Works Suite or MS
Office.. if these options are beyond available funds, consider downloading
Open Office..

http://www.openoffice.org/

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"chickenfeet" wrote in message
I have wordpad but I need WORD How do I get it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

You won't find Word at openoffice.org - you'll have to buy that - but there
is a compatible-ish word processor.

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

You can buy it as a standalone application, or part of Works Suite
or MS Office.. if these options are beyond available funds, consider
downloading Open Office..

http://www.openoffice.org/

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"chickenfeet" wrote in
message ...
I have wordpad but I need WORD How do I get it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Where is what?.. Open Office is a suite in it's own right, having many of
the features of MS Office.. it is also document compatible.. I gave you the
link to an option for MS Word that will cost you nothing..

--

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

You can buy it as a standalone application, or part of Works Suite or MS
Office.. if these options are beyond available funds, consider
downloading
Open Office..

http://www.openoffice.org/

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"chickenfeet" wrote in message
I have wordpad but I need WORD How do I get it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'll add that Uncle Joe's "reputable store" can be online. The last time I
checked, Amazon.com was offering a quite nicely discounted price and free
shipping, and of course there are also online versions of reputable mail
order houses such as Tiger Software, CDW, etc.

"Uncle Joe" wrote in message
Buy a retail copy of Microsoft Works Suite 2006 for about $99. It includes

six nice apps--one being MS Word
2002. This is the cheapest way to get a legitimate version of MS Word.

From then on, you can buy Word upgrades
like the rest of us. Don't fall for the discounted crap they're selling on

eBay.
Go to a reputable store and buy the box. You won't regret it.

"chickenfeet" wrote in message
I have wordpad but I need WORD How do I get it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Uncle Joe

Agreed. Wasn't trying to infer that all online stores are bad, just the ones
on eBay. Can't begin to count the number of times OPs have come back
in other newsgroups thanking us but insisting that they would purchase
MS Works or MS Word or MS Windows XP for $39 from an eBay outlet.
Other than the fact that many of the eBay software offerings don't include keys
and COAs, the knockoffs seem ideal. Such OPs are buying grief for their
$39.99. It's a shame that eBay allows this to happen.

I've had excellent service whenever I've purchased on Amazon.com. My
experiences with Tiger Direct equipment, prices, and deliveries have left
much to be desired, so I can't recommend Tiger.

"Uncle Joe" wrote in message
Buy a retail copy of Microsoft Works Suite 2006 for about $99. It includes

six nice apps--one being MS Word
2002. This is the cheapest way to get a legitimate version of MS Word.

From then on, you can buy Word upgrades
like the rest of us. Don't fall for the discounted crap they're selling on

eBay.
Go to a reputable store and buy the box. You won't regret it.

"chickenfeet" wrote in message
I have wordpad but I need WORD How do I get it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I have no experience with Tiger, either--was just trying to dredge up some
examples and not coming up with much. I have purchased both hardware and
software from CDW (by phone, before I was online) and also MicroWarehouse
(ditto), but in both cases it's been quite some time since I did so.

"Uncle Joe" wrote in message
[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Uncle Joe" wrote in message
Buy a retail copy of Microsoft Works Suite 2006 for about $99. It

includes
six nice apps--one being MS Word
2002. This is the cheapest way to get a legitimate version of MS Word.

From then on, you can buy Word upgrades