remove untitled and page

Old August 24th 06, 02:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eb1mom

Default remove untitled and page

When printing from note pad it prints untitled and page #. Where do I turn
off this text? Thanks
Old August 24th 06, 11:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

In NotePad, choose File | Page Setup. Clear the codes in the header
and footer boxes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old August 24th 06, 12:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eb1mom

Unfortunately there is nothing in those fields to clear. I put a couple
astericks in both fields and it printed astericks, I deleted them and it once
again printed untitled and page #.

Old August 24th 06, 01:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

That is strange. I see "&f" in the header box and "Page &p" in the
footer box. This could be a version issue, I guess (I'm currently
using Windows 2000). For a more knowledgeable answer, ask in a Windows
newsgroup.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old August 24th 06, 01:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Another possibility: Have you tried entering a space in each of the
boxes?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old August 24th 06, 01:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eb1mom

Thank-You space works, it may well be a version issue, I rarely print from
note pad and was just making some cover sheets with larger text than what
word will allow. They look great now.

Old August 24th 06, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

You are welcome.

I'm not sure what your reference to text size means, though? Word
allows any point size between 1 and 1638 (in 0.5 pt increments): just
type the desired value in the Font box (on the Formatting toolbar or
in the Font dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP