Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Betsy Betsy is offline

Default Table stretching over other text

I have a file, and depending on the computer it opens differently. On my
computer the table is as it is supposed to be, but when I open it on a
different computer the table gets stretched out and flows off the bottom of
the page, over the text underneath it. Both computers have Windows XP, word
2003, and both are hooked up to the same printer. I tried editing the text
wrapping, but this screwed up the whole layout of the page. I have images if
anyone needs to see them. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Betsy

Betsy wrote:
I have a file, and depending on the computer it opens differently. On my
computer the table is as it is supposed to be, but when I open it on a
different computer the table gets stretched out and flows off the bottom of
the page, over the text underneath it. Both computers have Windows XP, word
2003, and both are hooked up to the same printer. I tried editing the text
wrapping, but this screwed up the whole layout of the page. I have images if
anyone needs to see them.

If you can, make them available to download from a Web or FTP server.

Any ideas?

One of the things that can change a Word document on opening is the
local "installation environment" (like printer driver, installed fonts,
etc.).

Is there a chance that this document is loading its template's styles on
each opening (Tools | Templates and Addins), and that the template, if
it is local to that machine, is not the same on both computers?

2cents
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Betsy Betsy is offline

Not sure - both computers are on the same network, and the template the file
was created using is available to both computers. Another thing I noticed is
that the other computer does this with 2 or 3 other files (based on same
template), but not all of them (all based on same template).
As far as installed printers and fonts, I'm sure there are a few that are
not the same. We are both printing to the same printer, and both have all the
fonts used in the file.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Betsy