Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BoB Brazie BoB Brazie is offline

Default 2007

When will the new 2007 suites be available at retailers?

Thanks in advance. Bob.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

There will be a huge launch effort later this month, beginning in larger
cities and then rolling out to the rest of the country, I think (like a
Major Motion Picture); see
http://www.microsoft.com/business/la...p/default.mspx

You can reserve a copy at Amazon now, though: see
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link...node=203102011

"BoB Brazie" wrote in message
When will the new 2007 suites be available at retailers?

Thanks in advance. Bob.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I believe the official date is actually 31 Jan - but it should be in the
stores and certainly available OEM on new computers prior to that.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"BoB Brazie" wrote in message
When will the new 2007 suites be available at retailers?

Thanks in advance. Bob.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Aalaan Aalaan is offline

....Which will probably be followed shortly by wails of horror as purchasers
find bugs, and much gnashing of teeth as the "fixes" and "updates" totally
destroy hours of work... How long before on here we read "*Don't* whatever
you do install Service Pack 1"? with a frequency exceeding even "Have you
tried disabling the Norton AV add-in?"

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
There will be a huge launch effort later this month, beginning in larger
cities and then rolling out to the rest of the country, I think (like a
Major Motion Picture); see
http://www.microsoft.com/business/la...p/default.mspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I think it's much more likely that you'll see "Don't try to use feature X
until you *have* installed Service Pack 1". And you're going to see a lot
more of "I can't find anything and I hate the Ribbon" -- but remember that
people who are satisfied almost never post, so you're seeing only one side
of the story.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Aalaan wrote:
...Which will probably be followed shortly by wails of horror as
purchasers find bugs, and much gnashing of teeth as the "fixes" and
"updates" totally destroy hours of work... How long before on here
we read "*Don't* whatever you do install Service Pack 1"? with a
frequency exceeding even "Have you tried disabling the Norton AV
add-in?"
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
There will be a huge launch effort later this month, beginning in
larger cities and then rolling out to the rest of the country, I
think (like a Major Motion Picture); see
http://www.microsoft.com/business/la...p/default.mspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Tuesday, Jan 30. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"BoB Brazie" wrote in message
When will the new 2007 suites be available at retailers?

Thanks in advance. Bob.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That's correct. We received an email from Microsoft (UK) this morning saying
that we are not permitted to 'pre-sell' OEM or retail packs or order any PCs
with OEM Vista/Office 2007 until 29th January unless we are ordering from an
area that cannot receive guaranteed overnight delivery. (So we sinned
already.)

Terry

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Tuesday, Jan 30. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"BoB Brazie" wrote in message
When will the new 2007 suites be available at retailers?

Thanks in advance. Bob.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Aalaan Aalaan is offline

So are you a dealer in the UK then Terry? I have a reason for asking this
to do with another product.

"BoB Brazie" wrote in message
When will the new 2007 suites be available at retailers?

Thanks in advance. Bob.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Well sort of - but we are really an IT support company and only deal with
our own customers. See us at www.tmcs.co.uk.

Terry