Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FRUSTRATED AGAIN!! FRUSTRATED AGAIN!! is offline

Default "FIND & REPLACE" CAN'T FIND OR REPLACE

TRYING TO SET UP FILES FOR THE NEW YEAR...
SO THE DOCUMENT IS FORMATTED AS FILE FOLDER
LABELS (AVERY 8366) AND I WANT TO REPLACE ALL
THE 2006's WITH 2007's. WHEN I PULL UP THE FIND /REPLACE
WINDOW, CLEAR EVERYTHING SO ITS WORKING WITH
A CLEAN SLATE, TYPE 2006 IN THE 'FIND' BOX THEN CLICK FIND NEXT AND
IT TELLS ME THE SEARCH ITEM WAS NOT FOUND. THERE'S A WHOLE FRICKIN PAGE
FULL OF 2006'S!! WHAT GIVES???? WHY CAN'T IT FIND THEM?....don't dare ask
it to replace yet cuz it can't even FIND 'em!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George George is offline

Dear,

Firstly, is a very bad idea to use CAPS in your messages. It sounds like
you are shouting.

About your issue:

Copy any instance of the 2006 from your document and then paste it in the
Find dialoquebox. Perhaps are not zeros, but O (like Olive).

George

Ο χρήστης "FRUSTRATED AGAIN!!" *γγραψε:

TRYING TO SET UP FILES FOR THE NEW YEAR...
SO THE DOCUMENT IS FORMATTED AS FILE FOLDER
LABELS (AVERY 8366) AND I WANT TO REPLACE ALL
THE 2006's WITH 2007's. WHEN I PULL UP THE FIND /REPLACE
WINDOW, CLEAR EVERYTHING SO ITS WORKING WITH
A CLEAN SLATE, TYPE 2006 IN THE 'FIND' BOX THEN CLICK FIND NEXT AND
IT TELLS ME THE SEARCH ITEM WAS NOT FOUND. THERE'S A WHOLE FRICKIN PAGE
FULL OF 2006'S!! WHAT GIVES???? WHY CAN'T IT FIND THEM?....don't dare ask
it to replace yet cuz it can't even FIND 'em!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FRUSTRATED AGAIN!! FRUSTRATED AGAIN!! is offline

Thanks George !! That did the trick! Funny thing is when i pasted one of
the 2006's from the document into the "find" box it displayed as 4
"wingdings" and not numbers at all. No wonder it couldn't find numeric 2006.
But now I have to wonder how/why the wingdings and not numbers........
Anyway, Thanks again. Much better than Frustrated again!!
(and I'm not "shouting" anymore see...???)