Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Notsoshie Notsoshie is offline

Default Mergefield showing as time!

I created a merge document which until yesterday was working beautifully.
Then suddenly, one of my mergefields went wonky.

The source document is an Excel file where the field value is either a date
or one of three different two-letter text fields depending on the record.

In the merge document, if the field value is a date, it's showing up
correctly in the document. If it is one of the two letter text fields, it's
showing up as a time, namely 12:00 AM.

I have checked and rechecked the source document, but the cells are
formatted correctly. I have checked the mergefield and it looks identical to
other mergefields that are working correctly. The help menu is absolutely no
help as I'm sure you can imagine.

I cannot figure out why this time is showing up or how to correct the
problem. Is there any help out there? I promised my boss I would get this
documented distributed company wide today! Please Help!!!
--
Notso!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm and (probably) use the DDE option.

Peter Jamieson
"Notsoshie" wrote in message
[...]

Apply highlighting (or a style) selectively in a mail merge field John in Saratoga Mailmerge 6 November 15th 06 03:53 PM
Where can I find help using nested if...then fields in merge docs JVRB Mailmerge 1 October 28th 06 01:33 AM
mergefield time format switch ignored Pauline Evans Mailmerge 7 March 28th 06 06:19 PM
Supress blank lines Jan Mailmerge 5 March 6th 06 03:52 PM
formatting from a database in Word 2003 DowningDevelopments Mailmerge 2 February 9th 06 08:19 AM