How do I delete a file name from the file drop down list?

Old February 21st 07, 01:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I delete a file name from the file drop down list?

Well, this is actually a different (and more difficult) issue, assuming that
Liz was referring to the filenames that appear at the bottom of the File
menu.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello....I'm aving the same problem....I have MS word 2000 & when I go
to my "SAVE AS" window & type in the File Name Field Box it gives me a
drop down list of names that were entered from before but, these
documents no longer exist. How can I get rid of these names.

Please Advise. Thanks

On Feb 16, 9:52?pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
If you're talking about the MRU list at the bottom of the File menu, you

can
remove specific files by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Hyphen, then clicking on the
filename. Use this shortcut with care, as it will remove *any* menu item

you
click on.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Liz on the pickle boat" Liz on the pickle

wrote in

There are names in my file drop down list , the files do not exist! I

would
like to get ride of the names . Right clicking does not work to delete

them
I'm using Microsoft Word 2000. The file was deleted in add or remove

file!- Hide quoted text -