quote marks not appearing

Old July 2nd 07, 02:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Babington

Default quote marks not appearing

why do quote marks not appear until I press the next key?
Old July 2nd 07, 02:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

You probably have an international keyboard layout selected in Windows.
See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306560 "How To Use the United
States-International Keyboard Layout in Windows XP", except that you
want to select the standard U.S. keyboard instead of the
U.S.-International keyboard.

Old July 2nd 07, 05:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Babington

Marvellous, that worked

thanks

Ed Babington wrote:

why do quote marks not appear until I press the next key?

Open quote marks Editfriend Microsoft Word Help 4 March 31st 07 01:30 AM
Strange quote marks Ann Microsoft Word Help 7 December 23rd 05 06:18 PM
Embedding quote marks in If-Else-Then statements EHPorter Mailmerge 1 July 28th 05 08:11 PM
Quote marks ChuckH Mailmerge 1 March 10th 05 12:14 PM
Change Quote marks Josh Formatting Long Documents 2 February 1st 05 03:31 PM