Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zl liao zl liao is offline

Default Word 07 is jamming up

Can anyone help? My word suddenly stopped working. I can not select text with
my mouse any more, if I need to exit the programme, the prgramme will jam up
and will not let me exit.
It just happen overniht. I had tried to reinstalled the programme, but still
not working.
Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried to repair the installation?

Also, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"zl liao" wrote in message
Can anyone help? My word suddenly stopped working. I can not select text
with
my mouse any more, if I need to exit the programme, the prgramme will jam
up
and will not let me exit.
It just happen overniht. I had tried to reinstalled the programme, but
still
not working.
Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zl liao zl liao is offline

Thanks for the tip.
After a day and a half, the programme suddenly work again this aftenoon. I
spend whole day yesterday and this morning trying, Not working.
It suddenly work again without me doing anything. Mystry!!!

"zl liao" wrote in message
Can anyone help? My word suddenly stopped working. I can not select text
with
my mouse any more, if I need to exit the programme, the prgramme will jam
up
and will not let me exit.
It just happen overniht. I had tried to reinstalled the programme, but
still
not working.
Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad you got it sorted, but I agree that it is a mystery. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"zl liao" wrote in message
Can anyone help? My word suddenly stopped working. I can not select
text
with
my mouse any more, if I need to exit the programme, the prgramme will
jam
up
and will not let me exit.
It just happen overniht. I had tried to reinstalled the programme, but
still
not working.
Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that the article I linked to might shed some light on the mystery.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"zl liao" wrote in message
Can anyone help? My word suddenly stopped working. I can not select
text
with
my mouse any more, if I need to exit the programme, the prgramme will
jam
up
and will not let me exit.
It just happen overniht. I had tried to reinstalled the programme, but
still
not working.
Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WicstunTomo WicstunTomo is offline

I had this problem running word 2007 + Vista and finally traced it to SnagIt
a screen capture program which I had running in the back ground...

so I suggest you look for something running in the background

I have just got problem back today - with noSnagIt running - so I need to
ind out what I have chnaged / is now running back ground!!

Let me know it you find anything - as it may help me now too!!
--
Wicstun Tomo

"zl liao" wrote in message
Can anyone help? My word suddenly stopped working. I can not select
text
with
my mouse any more, if I need to exit the programme, the prgramme will
jam
up
and will not let me exit.
It just happen overniht. I had tried to reinstalled the programme, but
still
not working.
Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] Rich864@gmail.com is offline

On Sep 15, 5:52 am, WicstunTomo
wrote:
Found a solution which works for me - hope it does for you seehttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;940791
--
Wicstun Tomo

I had the same problem and tried your solution Wicstun. Deleted the
registry key and Word is back. Problem was caused by an update. And
the article (link above) was easy to follow.

Richard