Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Boss Boss is offline

Default Insert picture and save macro

I am looking for a macro code which can do the foll task

First it should insert picture in a word file, picture .gif file is in local
disk.

Second it should write the details of the picture which is available in an
excel sheet

Third it should save the file with a file name again the filename is
available in excel sheet.

I have to do the same for about 500 times.

Now i am using mail merger and i manually inserting picture.

Hope this is not too tuff for u all experts.

Lots & lots of thanks in advance
Boss
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Why not mail merge the images too -
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

Boss wrote:
I am looking for a macro code which can do the foll task

First it should insert picture in a word file, picture .gif file is
in local disk.

Second it should write the details of the picture which is available
in an excel sheet

Third it should save the file with a file name again the filename is
available in excel sheet.

I have to do the same for about 500 times.

Now i am using mail merger and i manually inserting picture.

Hope this is not too tuff for u all experts.

Lots & lots of thanks in advance
Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Boss Boss is offline

This is great.. Thanks

But how do i save the file.. the file name is also in the excel sheet.

I saw the code of saveing file at two location but filename is a problem..

Thanks
Boss

Boss wrote:
I am looking for a macro code which can do the foll task

First it should insert picture in a word file, picture .gif file is
in local disk.

Second it should write the details of the picture which is available
in an excel sheet

Third it should save the file with a file name again the filename is
available in excel sheet.

I have to do the same for about 500 times.

Now i am using mail merger and i manually inserting picture.

Hope this is not too tuff for u all experts.

Lots & lots of thanks in advance
Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In that case, see also http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm
The add-in should enable you to split the merge document c/w pictures merged
as previously suggested, into separate documents based on a field in the
data source.

Boss wrote:
I am looking for a macro code which can do the foll task

First it should insert picture in a word file, picture .gif file is
in local disk.

Second it should write the details of the picture which is available
in an excel sheet

Third it should save the file with a file name again the filename is
available in excel sheet.

I have to do the same for about 500 times.

Now i am using mail merger and i manually inserting picture.

Hope this is not too tuff for u all experts.

Lots & lots of thanks in advance
Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Boss Boss is offline

Thanks for the update, but actually it does not serves me purpose. What I
wish to do is to first mail merging the image (Which i am successful) then i
wish to save the file then i go to the next record which gives me the next
picture and i again save it.
All i wish to do is to save the file word with a specific filename which is
available in the excel sheet.

Any ideas & help is appreciated.
Thanks
Boss

Boss wrote:
I am looking for a macro code which can do the foll task

First it should insert picture in a word file, picture .gif file is
in local disk.

Second it should write the details of the picture which is available
in an excel sheet

Third it should save the file with a file name again the filename is
available in excel sheet.

I have to do the same for about 500 times.

Now i am using mail merger and i manually inserting picture.

Hope this is not too tuff for u all experts.

Lots & lots of thanks in advance
Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I think you are missing the point. If the filename of the picture and the
filename of the document are in the Excel data file, then you can merge the
whole lot to separate named files each with their own version of the picture
in one operation using the add-in to create the separate files?

Boss wrote:
I am looking for a macro code which can do the foll task

First it should insert picture in a word file, picture .gif file
is in local disk.

Second it should write the details of the picture which is
available in an excel sheet

Third it should save the file with a file name again the filename
is available in excel sheet.

I have to do the same for about 500 times.

Now i am using mail merger and i manually inserting picture.

Hope this is not too tuff for u all experts.

Lots & lots of thanks in advance
Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Boss Boss is offline

Hi,

i am faicing yet another issue, The files which are prepared after the mail
merge are not in print format form. I tried to change th tempplate but it
didn't worked.
Please help
Thanks
Boss

"Boss" wrote:

Successfull..

Thanks a lot..
Boss

Boss wrote:
I am looking for a macro code which can do the foll task

First it should insert picture in a word file, picture .gif file
is in local disk.

Second it should write the details of the picture which is
available in an excel sheet

Third it should save the file with a file name again the filename
is available in excel sheet.

I have to do the same for about 500 times.

Now i am using mail merger and i manually inserting picture.

Hope this is not too tuff for u all experts.

Lots & lots of thanks in advance
Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The add-in uses your normal.dot template and should produce documents in the
view saved in that template
See - http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm
or
You can also control the view with auto macros in normal.dot.

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Sub AutoNew()
ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdPrintView
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

Boss wrote:
Hi,

i am faicing yet another issue, The files which are prepared after
the mail merge are not in print format form. I tried to change th
tempplate but it didn't worked.
Please help
Thanks
Boss

"Boss" wrote:

Successfull..

Thanks a lot..
Boss

Boss wrote:
I am looking for a macro code which can do the foll task

First it should insert picture in a word file, picture .gif
file is in local disk.

Second it should write the details of the picture which is
available in an excel sheet

Third it should save the file with a file name again the
filename is available in excel sheet.

I have to do the same for about 500 times.

Now i am using mail merger and i manually inserting picture.

Hope this is not too tuff for u all experts.

Lots & lots of thanks in advance
Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Boss Boss is offline

Thanks a lot for ur help.. u have really helped me inthis project... i ahve
done with the entire project which will save lot of man-hrs for the team..

Thanks a lot, with new wishes
Boss

Boss wrote:
Hi,

i am faicing yet another issue, The files which are prepared after
the mail merge are not in print format form. I tried to change th
tempplate but it didn't worked.
Please help
Thanks
Boss

"Boss" wrote:

Successfull..

Thanks a lot..
Boss

Boss wrote:
I am looking for a macro code which can do the foll task

First it should insert picture in a word file, picture .gif
file is in local disk.

Second it should write the details of the picture which is
available in an excel sheet

Third it should save the file with a file name again the
filename is available in excel sheet.

I have to do the same for about 500 times.

Now i am using mail merger and i manually inserting picture.

Hope this is not too tuff for u all experts.

Lots & lots of thanks in advance
Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You are welcome

Boss wrote:
Hi,

i am faicing yet another issue, The files which are prepared after
the mail merge are not in print format form. I tried to change th
tempplate but it didn't worked.
Please help
Thanks
Boss