Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rich W. Rich W. is offline

Default File Opening error

For some reason, all Word documents became corrupted when they were restored
from tape backup.

When I attempt to open a document with Word 2007, I receive the following
message:

"The program used to create this object is Package. That program is not
installed on your computer. To edit this object, you must install a program
that can open the object."

When the same document is attempted in 2003, I receive a similar error
message.

I have tried "Open and Repair" in Word 2003.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich