Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jay lunis jay lunis is offline

Default Word shortcuts

Word 2000.
Is there a way to have 3 folders on my desktop with each linked to a
different folder?
For example, I want a shortcut that will start Word and, on File|Open,
will default to the folder Office|Suppliers and another shortcut that,
will start Word but will default on File|Open to Office|Customers.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

You should download the Placebar Customizer utility. The Placebar is the
area down the left side of the File Open/File Save dialogs which normally is
populated by folders you never use. The utility lets you easily edit the
placebar to add shorcuts to the folders that YOU normally use. This is far
better than having to close and open a different session of Word. See
http://www.wopr.com/officeupdate/

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"jay lunis" wrote in message
Word 2000.
Is there a way to have 3 folders on my desktop with each linked to a
different folder?
For example, I want a shortcut that will start Word and, on File|Open,
will default to the folder Office|Suppliers and another shortcut that,
will start Word but will default on File|Open to Office|Customers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:03:57 -0000 from Terry Farrell
:
You should download the Placebar Customizer utility. The Placebar is the
area down the left side of the File Open/File Save dialogs which normally is
populated by folders you never use. The utility lets you easily edit the
placebar to add shorcuts to the folders that YOU normally use. This is far
better than having to close and open a different session of Word. See
http://www.wopr.com/officeupdate/

"Download"?? You might want to have a look at the contents of the
link you posted. Unless I'm misreading it, that page says explicitly
that you have to buy the book to get the software.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Oops!

It was definitely available as free download but seems to have disappeared
recently (maybe because Office 2000 is 9 years and 3 version old)!

However, the linked MSKB article tells you have you can do this manually
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q205041/

Or you can download an alternative Placebar Customizer from here
http://www.thezjooj.is-a-geek.com/downloadsNEW.asp

Terry

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:03:57 -0000 from Terry Farrell
:
You should download the Placebar Customizer utility. The Placebar is the
area down the left side of the File Open/File Save dialogs which normally
is
populated by folders you never use. The utility lets you easily edit the
placebar to add shorcuts to the folders that YOU normally use. This is
far
better than having to close and open a different session of Word. See
http://www.wopr.com/officeupdate/

"Download"?? You might want to have a look at the contents of the
link you posted. Unless I'm misreading it, that page says explicitly
that you have to buy the book to get the software.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Terry,

Another place bar customizer for Office 2000 is the one by Romke Soldaat. It's still avaialable from
http://community.compuserve.com/n/pf...ffice&tid=6589

(the link to it on the Word MVPS article on customizing the places bar
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...enSaveDlgs.htm
probably needs to be updated

Graham's article on customizing the places bar at http://www.gmayor.com/customize_the_word_places_bar.htm has the link to the
customizer you mentioned.

==========
"Terry Farrell" wrote in message ...
Oops!

It was definitely available as free download but seems to have disappeared
recently (maybe because Office 2000 is 9 years and 3 version old)!

However, the linked MSKB article tells you have you can do this manually
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q205041/

Or you can download an alternative Placebar Customizer from here
http://www.thezjooj.is-a-geek.com/downloadsNEW.asp

Terry
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Thanks Bob.

Terry

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...