Dave Neve

Default .Doc that opens but resists all editing

Hi

Someone sent me by email what shoud be a standard Word .doc.

Although I can open it and read it, it is strange.

Most of my word options in my menus are grayed out.

I can get my cursor into the document but as soon as I click it, I am thrown
back to the beginning of the doc.

I can't do anything with this doc other than read it but in properties, it
is not 'read only'.

I need access to this document in order to work on it.

Why the rejection. I'm feeling lonely and frustrated!!!!

Thanks for any help in advance in order to renew a more normal relationship
between me and my doc

Dave Neve

Dave Neve

I will now just crawl into a hole and disappear.

Having never used the option, I had completely forgotten of its existence.

Thanks

Dave Neve
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" a écrit dans le message de news:
Is it protected? (Tools | Unprotect Document)

so
all may benefit.

"Dave Neve" wrote in message
Hi

Someone sent me by email what shoud be a standard Word .doc.

Although I can open it and read it, it is strange.

Most of my word options in my menus are grayed out.

I can get my cursor into the document but as soon as I click it, I am

thrown
back to the beginning of the doc.

I can't do anything with this doc other than read it but in properties,
it
is not 'read only'.

I need access to this document in order to work on it.

Why the rejection. I'm feeling lonely and frustrated!!!!

Thanks for any help in advance in order to renew a more normal

relationship
between me and my doc

Dave Neve

Well, just be glad it was something easy! And that I assumed that it might
be something simple and obvious instead of starting out with some abstruse
(but erroneous) possibility (if I'd been able to think of any). Also, you
can be sure that this one won't bite you again; I've found that when I
"discover" a feature in this way, it makes an indelible impression!

"Dave Neve" wrote in message
I will now just crawl into a hole and disappear.

Having never used the option, I had completely forgotten of its existence.

Thanks

Dave Neve
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" a écrit dans le message de

Is it protected? (Tools | Unprotect Document)

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.