Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

Default Word 2007 vs Word 2003

I have an older slower machine at work with Office 2003 and a newer faster
machine at home with Office 2007. Has anyone else noticed how much longer it
takes Word to start up and open a file? Its like a huge jumb backwards, Word
2003 opens right up no lag time at all, Word 2007 takes several seconds and
even longer to open files. Come MS no need to create the new WordPerfect
here, if I had wanted slow I would have gone to Corel.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

This has been reported by several people and it always seems to turn out to
be one AddIn or another rather than Word itself. See if you still have the
problem running in safe mode and, if not, then try removing your AddIns and
replacing them one by one to identify the guilty one - Adobe's PDF AddIn
seems to be the cause of this for several users.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Scott" schreef in bericht
I have an older slower machine at work with Office 2003 and a newer faster
machine at home with Office 2007. Has anyone else noticed how much longer
it
takes Word to start up and open a file? Its like a huge jumb backwards,
Word
2003 opens right up no lag time at all, Word 2007 takes several seconds
and
even longer to open files. Come MS no need to create the new WordPerfect
here, if I had wanted slow I would have gone to Corel.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenzie Choe Kenzie Choe is offline

I have no add-ins in Word 2007. When I first received this, 2007 opened just
fine. One day I tried to add a Table of Contents, Word locked up, and ever
since it takes at least 2 full (slow) minutes for Word to open, if it opens.
This is a Word issue, not an add-in issue for me. I should note that none of
the other Office products have this problem. My university requires Office
2007 and it is pointless to use it MSWord under the current circumstances.

M. Kenzie Choe