Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andrea Jones Andrea Jones is offline

Default Perpetuating Hyperlinks During a Merge

What version of Word are you using? You can reference your URL mergefield
inside a Hyperlink field and then highlight the resulting field and type the
text you want to link over the top, using non-breaking spaces between words.
See if you can look at this to help you http://tinyurl.com/6ksedj

Andrea Jones
www.stratatraining.co.uk
www.wrekinpublishing.com

"Erin A. Olsen" wrote:

Hello! I need to merge records from an Access database with two fields that
need to be preserved as hyperlinks. In a single merge, the values for these
two fields change. They represent the meeting URL and Outlook calendar URL
for a Microsoft Live Meeting, actually. We run several meetings a day with up
to 10 attendees per meeting and wan to do a single merge each day to e-mail
the login info to participants.

When I use the traditional merge fields, it does two things I don't like.
First, it adds pound symbols before and after the hyperlink field. This means
I have to instruct users NOT to select these if they want to copy and paste
the URL into a browser. I'd like to not have them added. Second, it does not
come in as a link but as text. If we onlt have one meeting I can manually
convert it to a hyperlink but if we have ore than one meeting we either have
to do seperate merges or leave it as text, not a link.

Any help would be most appreciated!

I'd like to know tow things. First, can I have it enter as the URL/hyperlink
as it is entered in Access and secondly, is there any way to have it appear
as "CLick here to join the meeting" but use the URL in the background as the
link destination?