Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gdogg Gdogg is offline

Default 2007 field bullets

I am using Word 2007 to fill in a locked template. I want to be able to use
numbering and bullets within the field as this is an SOP. In 2007 this
appears unavailable. When i use another computer that has 2003, it is
available and works fine. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?R2RvZ2c=?=,

I am using Word 2007 to fill in a locked template. I want to be able to use
numbering and bullets within the field as this is an SOP. In 2007 this
appears unavailable. When i use another computer that has 2003, it is
available and works fine.

Please define "locked template" and "field" in more detail so that we can be
sure we know what you have.

Certainly, what worked in 2003 should still work in 2007. If we're talking
about form fields, then bullets and numbering surely did *not* work in a 2003
document's form fields unless you had some kind of macro support.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gdogg Gdogg is offline

To better define:
I am have a Word document template I have locked for editing, to be used for
my employees to fill-in information. I am calling the areas you tab around
the document to enter information fields.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?R2RvZ2c=?=,

I am using Word 2007 to fill in a locked template. I want to be able to use
numbering and bullets within the field as this is an SOP. In 2007 this
appears unavailable. When i use another computer that has 2003, it is
available and works fine.

Please define "locked template" and "field" in more detail so that we can be
sure we know what you have.

Certainly, what worked in 2003 should still work in 2007. If we're talking
about form fields, then bullets and numbering surely did *not* work in a 2003
document's form fields unless you had some kind of macro support.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?R2RvZ2c=?=,

To better define:
I am have a Word document template I have locked for editing, to be used for
my employees to fill-in information. I am calling the areas you tab around
the document to enter information fields.

I'd like to double-check this to make sure we're on the same wave-length he

In Word 2007, you'd go to the Developer tab, click the "Protect Document" button
and choose the entry "Restrict Formatting and Editing". From the task pane you use
"No changes (read-only)" in Step 2. You select blocks of text and activate a
checkbox (such as "Everyone") in the "Groups" list. Then you go to Step 3 and
"Start Enforcing Protection". Is this correct? If not, please detail what you mean.

When I follow these steps I have no trouble using Bullets and Numbering in the
unprotected blocks of text.

I am using Word 2007 to fill in a locked template. I want to be able to use
numbering and bullets within the field as this is an SOP. In 2007 this
appears unavailable. When i use another computer that has 2003, it is
available and works fine.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gdogg Gdogg is offline

The document I have is a Word document created in 2003. It is a protected
template with the fill-in capability. When I try to fill in one of the
fields using Word 2007, it does not allow for the use of bullet points or
numbering. I need to enter bullet points or numbering into one of the
fields. Word 2003 allows me to do this, but Word 2007 does not.

"Cindy M." wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?R2RvZ2c=?=,

The document I have is a Word document created in 2003. It is a protected
template with the fill-in capability. When I try to fill in one of the
fields using Word 2007, it does not allow for the use of bullet points or
numbering. I need to enter bullet points or numbering into one of the
fields. Word 2003 allows me to do this, but Word 2007 does not.

But you still haven't confirmed (or rebutted) that the steps I describe are
what was used to provide this "fill-in" capability.

To me, it sounds very much like the document has been protected as a FORM,
not for editing. Bullets and numbering are not (and have never been)
available in a document of that type.