Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stephanie stephanie is offline

Default Need help b4 I kill my computer! Irregular save requests by Word.

Hi all. Please help, it's driving me crazy.

I have some basic documents that, instead of being a template, they are
regular documents and I fill in, modify text, etc. for each new client and
then save them under the client file with a new name.

There is something happening that I can't figure out or how to change it.
Once these documents are personalized and saved with new names, if I re-open
them, even if I have done absolutely nothing to the document, some of them
ask me to save before it will close them. AAAHHHHH it's driving me crazy!

I've checked between the documents that do this and the documents that don't
do this and I can't find anything behind the scenes that would cause this
difference... they're each saved in the same format, none of the options
appear to be different.

Please help! Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Polaris Polaris is offline

Word 2002? Try clearing Smart Tags: Tools-AutoCorrect Options-Smart Tags
tab and clear Label text with smart tags box.

"Stephanie" wrote:

Hi all. Please help, it's driving me crazy.

I have some basic documents that, instead of being a template, they are
regular documents and I fill in, modify text, etc. for each new client and
then save them under the client file with a new name.

There is something happening that I can't figure out or how to change it.
Once these documents are personalized and saved with new names, if I re-open
them, even if I have done absolutely nothing to the document, some of them
ask me to save before it will close them. AAAHHHHH it's driving me crazy!

I've checked between the documents that do this and the documents that don't
do this and I can't find anything behind the scenes that would cause this
difference... they're each saved in the same format, none of the options
appear to be different.

Please help! Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stephanie stephanie is offline

Default Need help b4 I kill my computer! Irregular save requests by W

Thank you for your suggestion... I tried but no luck

Any other suggestions from Polaris or anyone?

"Stephanie" wrote:

Hi all. Please help, it's driving me crazy.

I have some basic documents that, instead of being a template, they are
regular documents and I fill in, modify text, etc. for each new client and
then save them under the client file with a new name.

There is something happening that I can't figure out or how to change it.
Once these documents are personalized and saved with new names, if I re-open
them, even if I have done absolutely nothing to the document, some of them
ask me to save before it will close them. AAAHHHHH it's driving me crazy!

I've checked between the documents that do this and the documents that don't
do this and I can't find anything behind the scenes that would cause this
difference... they're each saved in the same format, none of the options
appear to be different.

Please help! Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Stephanie,

If your documents include fields (dates, page #s, etc) or if you print the document the changes to the values of those fields are
counted by Word as 'changes' to the document so it will prompt you to save the document changes.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP