Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
St.John St.John is offline

Default Automatic Duplexing from Word 2007

Word 2007 does not have a command "automatic" for duplexing as did Word 2003.
You either click manual or book style duplexing. Did the "automatic"
command not transition from 2003 to 2007, or am I missing it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Whether automatic duplexing is supported depends on your printer. Look in
the printer properties.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"St.John" wrote in message
Word 2007 does not have a command "automatic" for duplexing as did Word
2003.
You either click manual or book style duplexing. Did the "automatic"
command not transition from 2003 to 2007, or am I missing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
St.John St.John is offline

The same printer works fine with Word 2003 because it has an
"automatic" command whereas I cannot find one on 2007.

"St.John" wrote in message
Word 2007 does not have a command "automatic" for duplexing as did Word
2003.
You either click manual or book style duplexing. Did the "automatic"
command not transition from 2003 to 2007, or am I missing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Are you saying that you are running Word 2003 and Word 2007 on the same
computer and they still have different printing options? If so, something
strange is clearly going on.

But if you are using a different computer for Word 2007, it may not have the
same printer *driver* installed even if it is using the same printer as the
machine with Word 2003.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"St.John" wrote in message
Word 2007 does not have a command "automatic" for duplexing as did Word
2003.
You either click manual or book style duplexing. Did the "automatic"
command not transition from 2003 to 2007, or am I missing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
St.John St.John is offline

The 2003 is on my desktop and the 2007 is on a new laptop. Both use vista
and the printer was loaded on both with the same disc. Go figure?

"St.John" wrote in message
Word 2007 does not have a command "automatic" for duplexing as did Word
2003.
You either click manual or book style duplexing. Did the "automatic"
command not transition from 2003 to 2007, or am I missing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In that case, I don't know what the problem could be. Sorry. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"St.John" wrote in message
Word 2007 does not have a command "automatic" for duplexing as did
Word
2003.
You either click manual or book style duplexing. Did the
"automatic"
command not transition from 2003 to 2007, or am I missing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
St.John St.John is offline

A person in the HP tech center informed me that there is a glitch in the
software between word 2007 and my HP printer that will require a patch which
is not yet available.

"St.John" wrote:

Word 2007 does not have a command "automatic" for duplexing as did Word 2003.
You either click manuaWl or book style duplexing. Did the "automatic"
command not transition from 2003 to 2007, or am I missing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Thank you for posting this follow-up.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"St.John" wrote:

Word 2007 does not have a command "automatic" for duplexing as did Word
2003.
You either click manuaWl or book style duplexing. Did the "automatic"
command not transition from 2003 to 2007, or am I missing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
St.John St.John is offline

Sorry, but the follow-up was in error. While reinstalling my printer I
inadvertently found the missing link: printerPropertiesDevice
SettingsDuplex Unitclick install.
Presto: I now have automatic duplexing.

"St.John" wrote:

Word 2007 does not have a command "automatic" for duplexing as did Word
2003.
You either click manuaWl or book style duplexing. Did the "automatic"
command not transition from 2003 to 2007, or am I missing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad you got it sorted. Perhaps the information can help someone else.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP