Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Filtering receipients automatically changing

There are definitely problems in this area whatever you do.
a. Word adds criteria as you describe if you connect to e.g. Excel using
the defualt methofd (OLEDB). As far as I know this is a "known problem" but
right now I cannot find the relevant MS KB article.
b. if you change to DDE (Access or Excel data sources only), that problem
will disappear, but in 2007 you may find the connection is not as reliable,
you don't get Unicode characters across, you can only connect to the first
sheet in an Excel workbook, and you may have to pay attention to how you
define your filter conditions.

(To use DDE in Word 2007, check Word-Office button-Word
Options-Advanced-General-Confirm file format conversion on open, then go
through the connection process again. After you have selected the data
source, you should see a "Confirm Data Source dialog box. If you see a DDE
option in there, choose that. Otheraise (probably if you are using a
2007-only format such as .xlsx, .xlsm, .accdb), check "Show All" then locate
and select the appropriate option.
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Rob" wrote in message
I set up a criteria for filtering receipients (word 2007) that says Balance
great than 0 and email is not blank. When I click OK I see correctly
selected records. if I click filter again - word automatically adds
another
AND criteria that repeats the last entry.

If I use the same criteria above except email is not blank when I click ok
see the correct records however when I do the merge words adds a bunch of
"OR" statements and I end of getting records where (balance is greater
than 0
and email is not blank or email is blank )...

does someone know why this is happening ?

Thanks Rob