Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TychaBrahe TychaBrahe is offline

Default Hiding/Including Sections of Text, Word 2007

I'm writing a software manual. The application has a feature that is
available only if the customer purchases it as an add-in. I want to describe
the feature and its operation, but have control over whether that section
appears in the document or not. Is there a way to do this without keeping
two documents? Before, I might have used a binder, but I think that was only
available in Word 97.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi TychaBrahe,

You could use a Custom Document Property (see Word Options|Prepare|Properties Advanced Proprerties Custom) combined with some
field coding to achieve this.

For example, if you create a Custom Document Property named "Show_Hidden" and give it a value of "Yes" to show the text or anything
else to hide it, you could use a field coded as:
{IF(DOCPROPERTY Show_Hidden}= "Yes" "My Hidden text"}

Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above example are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste
them from this message.

--
Cheers
macropod

"TychaBrahe" wrote in message ...
I'm writing a software manual. The application has a feature that is
available only if the customer purchases it as an add-in. I want to describe
the feature and its operation, but have control over whether that section
appears in the document or not. Is there a way to do this without keeping
two documents? Before, I might have used a binder, but I think that was only
available in Word 97.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Typo!
Change -
{IF(DOCPROPERTY Show_Hidden}= "Yes" "My Hidden text"}
to -