Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robyn Robyn is offline

Default Changed envelope formatting when printing from document

When printing envelopes and mailing labels, the formatting changes to double
line spacing rather than the single line spacing showing on the main letter
document. Where do we find how to fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In theory it shouldn't do this, but some users have been having similar
problems. I suspect that the problem is related to the default Normal
paragraph style which is formatted to include 10pts of Space After and 1.15
line space. If you modify the style to remove this spacing, Both problems
*should* go away. You can create a new style Normal Spaced to include those
settings that you have removed.

When modifying the style (right click the icon on the Home tab and select
Modify) don't forget to check the box 'New documents based on this template'

Robyn wrote:
When printing envelopes and mailing labels, the formatting changes to
double line spacing rather than the single line spacing showing on
the main letter document. Where do we find how to fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This actually should not be necessary, as the Envelope Address style by
default specifies Single spacing and no Space After. I believe the issue
comes in when using documents based on templates created in an earlier
version of Word, because the Envelope Address style used will be the one
associated with the document, not the default Normal.dotm style, and
Envelope Address in Word 2003 and earlier is just based on Normal with no
qualifications. In any case, instead of modifying Normal, it might be more
productive to attach Envelope Address directly.

Robyn wrote:
When printing envelopes and mailing labels, the formatting changes to
double line spacing rather than the single line spacing showing on
the main letter document. Where do we find how to fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Using the original default template the envelope address should not have any
spacing, however if you simply alter the envelope address style to be based
on no-style rather than normal and make no other changes you get spacing.

Labels use normal style, but the label wizard is supposed to take account of
the spacing in that style. In practice it does not always do so.

Changing the normal style to work as it always did is a solution that works
for me, but I concede it is not the only solution.