Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kill_beast[_2_] kill_beast[_2_] is offline

Default dropdown not show "&" character

I have a form template with some dropdowns. Some of the items have the "&"
character in them.

When I make the item in the dropdown properties dialog, it doesn't complain
about it, and I can see the character fine there. But if I select that item
in the dropdown, it isn't there.

Do dropdowns exclude certain characters?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

kill_beast wrote:
I have a form template with some dropdowns. Some of the items have
the "&" character in them.

When I make the item in the dropdown properties dialog, it doesn't
complain about it, and I can see the character fine there. But if I
select that item in the dropdown, it isn't there.

Do dropdowns exclude certain characters?

It's an old issue. See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Use_Ampers...down_Field.htm for a rather
complicated workaround.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP DP is offline

I forget where I had the same problem (maybe excel header?) but I had to use
two ampersand signs to get 1 (&&). Better minds than mind know why.