Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Names cutting off on top of Avery 5160 Labels

Make sure that in the Zoom section of the FilePrint dialog that the Scale
to paper size setting is set at No Scaling.

If you print onto plain paper is the alignment correct? If so, the problem
is that the printer is not handling the label stock correctly. That is, it
is a printer problem, not a Word problem.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Doo" wrote in message
My main problem isn't in getting the labels to update. They cut off at the
top of the labels making them unusable. It's happened every time we've
tried
to mail merge onto 5160 labels since we switched to Word 2007 a year ago.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Are you referring to my page
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm
The update labels field is only active if the merge document type is
Mailing
Labels.

Doo wrote:
I found a response on labels spacing that was quite long. Thank you
Graham. I followed your advice to get the padding out by creating the
label merge page (using your 11 steps). However, the Update Labels
field doesn't become available to me after step 9. It's also cutting
off the names at the top of the label which brings me back to my
original post today.

"Doo" wrote:

I work on a help desk and this has happened twice lately. We're
using Word 2007 and when our customers use 5160 labels and have
either three or four lines for the labels, the top line is cutting
off making the label unusable. I've set the paragraph spacing to
both 0 pt and also let the default 5.55 pt on the "before" spacing.
It's also set to single line spacing and when the labels print, it
looks like 1.5 lines. If I add the check mark in "Don't add space
between paragraphs of the same style", it doesn't seem to make a
difference.