Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
helpp!!!!!!!!!!!![_2_] helpp!!!!!!!!!!!![_2_] is offline

Default how do i convert a microsoft word 2007 trial back to word 2003?

I borrowed my friends computer last night to finish my computer and when I
tried to open it from my email on her computer it would not because she had
Microsoft Word 2003 so it gave me the option of converting to Microsoft 2007
so now her whole Microsoft Office is 2007 under a trial and I don't know how
to fix it. Any suggestions? I was going to bring her computer up to the
computer lab tomorrow, but her main concern is that she won't lose her files
if 2007 was uninstalled or that she would have to pay $500 for the microsoft
package. Can you please help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Don't ever ask to borrow my computer!

All depends on whether you allowed the conversion to add to or replace
Office 2003. If the former, uninstal the trial from control panel add or
remove programs, locate and run winword.exe from the folder C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 and repair it from the Help menu to restore
the changed registry entries.

If that doesn't fix it you could try rolling back Windows from System
restore to a time before you cocked it up.

Otherwise you will have to reinstall Office 2003 from the original
installation disc.

Your ex-friend's documents will not have been affected unless you screw them
up too

You could have downloaded the 2007 compatibility pack for 2003
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx and saved
yourself a lot of grief.

helpp!!!!!!!!!!!! wrote:
I borrowed my friends computer last night to finish my computer and
when I tried to open it from my email on her computer it would not
because she had Microsoft Word 2003 so it gave me the option of
converting to Microsoft 2007 so now her whole Microsoft Office is
2007 under a trial and I don't know how to fix it. Any suggestions?
I was going to bring her computer up to the computer lab tomorrow,
but her main concern is that she won't lose her files if 2007 was
uninstalled or that she would have to pay $500 for the microsoft
package. Can you please help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"helpp!!!!!!!!!!!!" wrote in message
I borrowed my friends computer last night to finish my computer

Eh? What do you mean by "finish my computer"?

and when I tried to open it from my email

Open WHAT?

on her computer it would not because she had Microsoft Word 2003 so it
gave me the option of converting to Microsoft 2007

Eh? "WHAT" would not?

so now her whole Microsoft Office is 2007 under a trial and I don't know
how
to fix it. Any suggestions? I was going to bring her computer up to the
computer lab tomorrow, but her main concern is that she won't lose her
files
if 2007 was uninstalled or that she would have to pay $500 for the
microsoft
package. Can you please help?

Jeeeze. If the trial is uninstalled no data should be lost.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

*Never* install, upgrade, delete, or tweak something on another person's
computer without his/her expression approval. You'd better hope she has the
disks and the product key.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]