Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

Default Unable to save due to permision error

Dear All

All was fine with regard to word 2003.

Loaded kasparasky 2009.

May be by mere coincidence I think it is kasparasky.

When I am using word2003, and save it is fine. While on the same file and
do some edition and click 'save' or 'save as' it gives an error message that
"word cannot complete the save due to file permission error"

Read thro some links but not getting proper steps how to troubleshoot.

Can you pls guide me?

brgds/captgnvr
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Uninstall Kaperasky and see if the problem stops. If it does, check with
Kaperasky support for a solution.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
Dear All

All was fine with regard to word 2003.

Loaded kasparasky 2009.

May be by mere coincidence I think it is kasparasky.

When I am using word2003, and save it is fine. While on the same file and
do some edition and click 'save' or 'save as' it gives an error message
that
"word cannot complete the save due to file permission error"

Read thro some links but not getting proper steps how to troubleshoot.

Can you pls guide me?

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

d/terry

pls note that i do not wish to uninstall kasparasky.

pls guide me apart from this - what to be done when u get this word cant
save due to permission error?

brgds/captgnvr

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
Dear All

All was fine with regard to word 2003.

Loaded kasparasky 2009.

May be by mere coincidence I think it is kasparasky.

When I am using word2003, and save it is fine. While on the same file and
do some edition and click 'save' or 'save as' it gives an error message
that
"word cannot complete the save due to file permission error"

Read thro some links but not getting proper steps how to troubleshoot.

Can you pls guide me?

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You're the one that said you think it is kasparasky, so the least that you
can do is to at lease temporarily unload it and see if the problem goes
away. Maybe you may need to roll-back your system to a point before
installing kasparasky as just unloading may not be enough.

If you can then confirm that it is kasparasky that is causing the problem,
you should follow the advice that you have been given and check with
kasparasky support

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"CAPTGNVR" wrote in message
Dear All

All was fine with regard to word 2003.

Loaded kasparasky 2009.

May be by mere coincidence I think it is kasparasky.

When I am using word2003, and save it is fine. While on the same file
and
do some edition and click 'save' or 'save as' it gives an error message
that
"word cannot complete the save due to file permission error"

Read thro some links but not getting proper steps how to troubleshoot.

Can you pls guide me?

brgds/captgnvr

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I wasn't suggesting you dump it completely. If you are worried about getting
a virus, disconnect from the Internet, uninstall it, test Word again; then
reinstall it and reconnect the Internet.

Terry